Pastor Gerry Brown
Pastor Erin Winemiller
U-Turn For Christ is a Christian Discipleship all encompassing re-entry ministry for men and women trapped in the deceptive, never-ending cycle of addiction. The U-Turn Ranch provides residents with the opportunity to give back to a community that was once ambivalent towards them. U-Turn’s goal is to teach individuals to be independent, self-supporting, and stable under the Lordship of Jesus Christ by becoming an asset to their family, church, friends, employers, schools and society. Most enrollees come to U-Turn For Christ after hitting their life’s “bottom” and some are ready to do whatever is necessary to have Jesus Christ restore their lives and given them peace again. We have found with men and women, who are ready to give up “leaning on their own understanding” and completely give themselves to the Lords work for 8 months, they're lives are never the same.
HOW IT WORKS
In Phase-1 Of Our Program, Participants Spend A Minimum Of Two Months At One Of Our U-Turn For Christ Ranch Locations. Participants Stay In Military-Style Quarters, One Large Room Filled With Bunks. This Type Of Housing Promotes Healthy Fellowship. “As Iron Sharpens Iron, So A Man Sharpens The Countenance Of His Friend” (Proverbs 27:17). Throughout The Day, Participants Are Involved In Morning Devotions, Daily Chores, Volunteer Community Service, Evening Bible Study, And Nightly Personal Devotion Time.
The Second Phase Of The Program Is Six Months Long, And Comes With Two Possible Paths To Travel. Some Return To Work, Pay A Monthly Donation, And Attend Church With First Phase In The Evening. Others Are Chosen To Commit Six Months Of Service To The Lord, And Are Provided For By The Ministry. This Last Choice Comes With Considerable Sacrifice. Servants Of Christ Can Be Called On At All Times To Serve In Many Different Ways. The Six Month Period Does Not Have To Be The End. Many Who Return To Work Stay A Year Or More Choosing A Higher Level Of Accountability And Fellowship For Their Lives. In Addition, Many Who Have Stayed On To Serve In Ministry Are Now Serving At Other Facilities In The United States, And Around The World.
- U-Turn For Christ is a 2-month minimum Christian Discipleship Program, where the person will come and live with us on our Ranch for 2 months and be discipled through the Word of God.
- Everything is done according to the Bible (No psychology or 12 step)
- This is a working ministry and we do volunteer work on the Ranch and in the community.
- We are a non-smoking, non tobacco product facility (No patch or Nicorette)
- There are no phone calls or e-mails allowed in or out during the 2 month period. All communication , except on visiting day, is to be done by postal mail.
- Visiting starts on the first Sunday following a 14 day probationary period, and every Sunday after that. The houses are from 12pm to 5pm, but it is limited to immediate family only. (Father, Mother, Brother, Sister, Spouse or Children.) No Fiancés, girlfriends or boyfriends.
- All court appointees must complete the first and second phase of the program for a total of eight months minimum.